The main activities are:
- Collection, processing and dissemination of information about the African power sector through the database.
- Promotion of the African regional power pools and interconnections of grids between countries through the coordination of the forum of African regional power pools.
- Promotion of renewable energies and energy efficiency as well as rural electrification.
- Identification and treatment, through working groups, of common problems encountered by member companies.
- Organization of conferences, workshops and seminars led by African and non-African specialists in the framework of the experiences sharing.
- Organization of meetings between power companies and international financial institutions in the framework of projects funding.
- Sensitization of the operators on the need to mitigate environmental impacts of electrical facilities.
- Promotion of African industry of manufacture of electrical equipment and standardization adapted to African realities.
- Organization of annual meetings during which the leaders of the African power sector meet and discuss the issues of the sector, as well as the organization of an exhibition of high tech material and equipment that can efficiently support the development of the sector.
- Organization of an international congress every three years during which the leaders of the African power sector and elsewhere meet, discuss the issues of the sector and make presentations, as well as the organization of an exhibition of high tech material and equipment that can efficiently support the development of the sector.