WHAT CAN ACTIVE MEMBERS BENEFIT FROM APUA ?
As a continental and specialized organisation, APUA allows its members to:
• Have a real time connection to the APUA information system which includes the databank of the African power sector. Having access to the databank gives opportunity to have access in real time to management information as well as statistical data relating to the power utilities of all sub-regions of Africa, which is, useful to improve performances in the framework of bench-marking.
• Use the services of the General Secretariat to organise contacts and meetings with one or more development partners on specific projects financing.
• Participate in meetings, workshops or seminars organised by APUA where members may present their projects to development partners and discuss their financing modalities.
• Use the services of the General Secretariat to set up joint venture or partnership projects with other member utilities in the framework of specific projects.
• Export own expertise or know-how to other member utilities through partnership or consulting contracts.
• Have possibilities to exchange experiences with utilities of all sub-regions of Africa in various fields of activities like generation, transmission and distribution of electricity, management of customers and human resources, planning, rural electrification etc….
• Use the services of the General Secretariat to organise study trips of own staff to other member utilities in order to learn from them avenues to improve corporate performances.
• Get, subject to availability, assistance from other member utilities, should there be any emergency on own power system.
• Participate in technical research programmes led by APUA Study Committees and Working Groups on projects or topic interesting several member utilities (network interconnection, power tariff, standardisation of electrical material etc…)
• Benefit from studies performed by APUA experts or external consulting firms on initiative of APUA on projects interesting several member utilities or their countries.
WHAT CAN AFFILIATE MEMBERS BENEFIT FROM APUA ?
APUA as a specialized continental organisation is in contact with the main operators of the power sector worldwide, as such it can:
• Make known to member utilities the affiliate member organisations/companies with their services.
• Organise, according to one another requirements, meetings between members in order to result in cooperation and partner relationships.
• Organise technical sessions where affiliate members will advertise their products or technological innovations likely to enhance the operation conditions of executive staff of the member-utilities
• Organise exhibitions of electrical materials manufactured in Africa or meant for Africa .
• Circulate information about activities of the affiliate members in its publications (directories or magazines).
• Inform the affiliate members on short listed or international tenders launched by APUA or other organisations in the framework of power projects of the continent.
Make the affiliate members participate in Working Groups of the Scientific Committee in their specific field or activities.
WHAT CAN OBSERVER OR ASSOCIATE MEMBERS BENEFIT FROM APUA ?
The APUA may allow them to:
° Participate in its various events (colloquia, workshops, conferences, congresses).
• Establish relationships with new partners.